Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I Blew It

Yes, I lost it this past week with my diet. I gained weight! We had at least 3 cakes to celebrate Jade's graduation, and we ate out 4 or 5 times, and you know how it goes. I just ate too much!

So you may not see any weight loss for a while, because I have to get off what I gained. I'm working on it.





Diet Tip

Easy Portion Control-Use Your Hand!
Portion control is an important part of losing or managing your weight. You may be surprised to learn the portion size that you are used to eating may be equal to two or three standard servings. You may find it helpful to use common everyday objects to help estimate serving sizes.

Here are a few handy tips:
  • 1 teaspoon of margarine or oil is about the size of your fingertip (tip to first joint);
  • an average cupped hand is about ½ cup of fruit, vegetables or cooked rice;
  • an average palm is about 3 ounces of meat or poultry.
~ Thanks to Eastman Health & Wellness for the above tip.


The cardiologist's diet:
If it tastes good, spit it out.
~Author Unknown

No comments: