Thursday, February 5, 2009

Heart Attack Warning Signs

I speaking from my own personal experience when I talk about a heart attack. Most people think that when you have a heart attack that is very obvious and with lots of pain. Well, it could be, but I would bet that most heart attacks are not that obvious.

I’ve had two heart attacks, and with both I did not have any pain. The only sign I had was some slight discomfort in the middle of my chest in the form of a light pressure. I’m writing this to tell you not to ignore any sensation that could be a heart attack. Time is critical. Get to the hospital as quickly as possible. It really could save your life. Read the following tip.

TIP from Eastman’s Health & Wellness
Some heart attacks can be sudden and intense, but most heart attacks start slowly with mild pain and discomfort. Know the warning signs and how to respond quickly and properly.

Most heart attacks involve an uncomfortable pressure or pain in the center of the chest. It can also include pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw or stomach. Heart attacks can include shortness of breath with or without chest discomfort and may include breaking out in a cold sweat, nausea or lightheadedness.  Know the signs and save a life–it may even be your own!


~ Quote ~
The cardiologist's diet:  If it tastes good, spit it out.
~Author Unknown

No comments: